The Abbey Lawn Hotel, Torquay Devon
This cosy Georgian hotel, in the former grounds of the former Torre Abbey offers an exceptional standard of relaxation throughout. Many of the bedrooms look out to sweeping views of the bay. There are graceful and spacious comfortable lounges, a lovely conservatory overlooking the bay and an indoor swimming pool to unwind in.
Rooms and Rates
|Half Board per person per night||Room and Breakfast per person per night||Room only (no meals included)|
|January – March||£59.00||£44.00||£34.00|
|April – September||£63.00||£49.00||£39.00|
|October – December||£59.00||£44.00||£34.00|
|(Excludes Christmas and New Year)|
Christmas and New Year
Four Day Package – Full Board per person
|Christmas Package – per person||£440.00|
|New Year Package – per person||£440.00|
Offers and Supplements
- Children under 12 years old – Half Price
- Single Occupancy Supplement – 50% (Applies when occupying a Twin/Double Room)
- Front Facing Supplement – £2.00 per person per night
- Premier Room Supplement – £5.00 per person, per night on top of Front facing Supplement
All the above prices are per person, per night & inclusive of VAT, unless otherwise stated. Subject to availability.
- Ample Car & Coach parking
- Front facing views available
- All bedrooms have ensuite facilities
- Tea & Coffee facilities in all bedrooms
- Complimentary tea & coffee replenished daily
- Television with radio channels
- Telephones in all bedrooms
- Music for dancing – large dance floor area
- Entertainment most evenings in the ballroom
- Indoor swimming pool -has lift access
- Sun lounge
- Lunch snacks available daily
- Completely non smoking
- Fully centrally heated throughout
Torbay – England’s Riviera Coast with its contrasting and captivating coastline, its fine sandy beaches, stunning rocky woodlands and the tropical palms, which abound in the gentle climate. Torquay offers a cosmopolitan atmosphere, which specialises in the needs of the visitor.
Torquay is most certainly one of the UK’s finest resorts and the heart of the English Riviera. The harbour town is birthplace of the famous crime novelist Dame Agatha Christie and the beauty of the area is captured in many of her famous novels. In keeping with its name, the Riviera of Britain enjoys an enviable climate, a distinctly European atmosphere and a host of sandy beaches and secluded coves.
Torquay – if you’re looking for the great British seaside holiday with a modern twist, Torquay has it all; great beaches, exciting attractions, stunning harbour/seafront and those iconic palm trees that line the promenade. Take a walk down Agatha Christie’s mile and trace the famous author’s footsteps through her hometown of Torquay. Enjoy Paignton Zoo or the perfectly located Princess Theatre.
Famous for its long, sandy beaches, paddler-friendly waters and a colourful bustling pier, Paignton remains a popular, traditional seaside resort.
Paignton Zoo – Tel: 08444 742222- www.paigntonzoo.org.uk
Radiating warmth of its own, Brixham nestles in the rugged cliffs at the southern end of the English Riviera. Life in Brixham centres around its pretty harbour, where you will absorb the many flavours of the town.
British Heritage Museum – Tel: 01803 856267 – www.brixhamheritage.org.uk
This ancient seaport is situated at the mouth of Devon’s most beautiful River Dart.
Dartmouth Castle – Tel: 01803 833588 – www.englishheritage.org.uk
Torquay Railway Station – 5 minute walk to and from the hotel.